1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN chop1n

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Jonah, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Jonah

Jonah New Member

IGN: chop1n
    Discord: jonah

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I bought the game right when the piston update came out, about 6 years ago. I think what drew me most to the game was the community aspect and how I could connect with people across the word. Building and Pvp are the main things that keep me playing, and the fact that it's the only game I can run on my computer :p

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    This is a tough one but I think I'll go with a fishing rod. Fishing rods have a duel purpose, at least in 1.8, where they can be used to fish (obviously), and used to also reset players knockback, allowing you to get an extra hit or two in. Can't live without one of these babies on my hotbar

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    I love to build, as mentioned before, but I also really like to grunt work. Like digging holes and doing repetitive tasks. Weird I know but it's sort of meditative

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    I beat the game from scratch while on a 14 hour flight to japan over the summer, probably one of my greatest accomplishments, in game and in real life
    A while ago I helped design a map development server called Cloudy(?) ((don't remember)) for the overcast network but separate from it, which ended up shutting down because we ran out of server hosting money. I think the most impressive thing it offered was the ability to create worlds in an instant, and upload them to mediafire to download

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    I play piano and bass in my free time, and when i'm not doing that I'm working or eating. I just got into "The end is Nigh" which is a new tough as nails platformer by the guy who created Super Meat Boy, really fun!
    (6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    I'm about to go to college this fall, and I work part time as a cashier. I did a lot of clubs in highschool which required some responsibility, but now that it's summer i'm pretty much free, I live with my family for now, but I'm moving into my dorm next week!

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    I've played on more servers than I can count, hypxel, imgurcraft, the hive, various private survival servers

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    The server that comes to mind was a PvP focused server called the Overcast Network, previously known as Project Ares, which I played on for about 5 years until they had to shut down. It was a great ambitious server that was always looking for new ways to spice up the game. They came up with the Capture the wool gamemode, destroy the core, etcetera. One thing I liked about the server was that anyone could make and submit maps to be reviewed and possibly played on the server, there's nothing like the feeling of having out work played on and appreciated by a bunch of players

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    This server looks amazing from what I've seen, but the forums look a little underpopulated, I'd like to change that and get more people engaged and connected. I'd also like to help build, gather resources, and do whatever I can to make the server a fun experience for everyone

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    Community for me is all about the togetherness of a group, without constant conversations and continuous collaborations, community becomes a calamity of callousness towards other players(I ran out of words to alliterate with), the server would become a single player world, only with random builds popping up now and again. I love to chat and help other people, and If I can do anything to make the server a better place I'd do it in an instant

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    I found out about this server from a reddit post of the nether hub that I saved a while back, it looked amazing and I was amazed that so many people could come together to plan and create that work of art

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    I've used skype and teamspeak, and I use discord regularly and would be happy to join the whocraft discord and make some friends!

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    I spend waaay too much time playing minecraft, but maybe that's a good thing
    Also I've never really talked with anyone on discord before using voice chat, but I'm trying new things this summer so I think I'll give it a shot :)

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

*Double checks the imgur date*

Whoa @Jonah / chop1n -- you've been holding on to that reddit post for 3 years?! That's amazing lol. BTW that nether hub still exists on our map, although we cleared out the faces to "reset" it when we relocated it from our 1.7 map to our current map.

These forums are relatively new, we lost our databases some time ago, but most of our day-to-day chatter had migrated to Discord, where we are very active. Would love to see some activity on the forums, such as ongoing project discussions and albums. If you haven't found it yet, there is a Discord link on the main page. You should come over there and say hello. :)

3. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Nice application Jonah, definitely come over and say hello!:)