1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: ExileWrath

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Exilewrath, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Exilewrath

Exilewrath New Member

IGN: Exilewrath
    Discord: ExileLight

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

I started playing minecraft around 4 years ago, right before my son was born. My wife and I were looking for a game to play so we thought we try this out. We were hooked so bad! We played console back then, but we would laugh and play for hours on end, exploring random caves, perfecting a mining strategy, learning redstone, and ill never forget the first time we took down a dragon! She didnt miss a shot when taking out the crystals with her bow, not one shot, it was insane! I guess its those types of memories that keep me coming back to this game. I have a few friends that like to play together and we always have a great time. This game is too amazing for how simple it is :p

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

Fire resist potion! I never leave home without it, never know when you are going to stop paying attention and run into some lava, or a mob knock you off a ledge right into the fiery pits of the nether!\

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

I am mostly a miner, but I really enjoy building castles and walls, I still have a lot to learn and practice but that's what keeps me coming back. I can build most simple machines with redstone, along with automated farms. When I first start a map, its like clockwork, I farm up 4 trees (completely, leaves in the air are stupid looking) and start digging down, build a miner house, and start the mining process. I'm not sure if I was a dwarf in a past lifetime or what, but I do enjoy my mining! I think what I may bring to the table is a very chill, but enthusiastic personality. I'm quick to help others because I feel like that's what the game is all about, playing with friends.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

One of the coolest things I've done in Minecraft... Probably building my 'castle in the sky' I found a mountain that was so tall the clouds were right above it, so I built my castle on top of it. I could see forever away! The view was amazing and the castle was so simple, yet satisfying.
    My favorite thing I've ever built with a group was definitely our glass train station, I loved it. It took a week of some solid playing to get that thing completed, only to have our save corrupted a week later! Silly consoles, we made the switch to PC shortly after.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

I have quite a few hobbies, I play WoW on occasion, League of Legends, Magic the Gathering, Warhammer 40k, card games, board games, most blizzard games, and plenty of steam indies. I am a sucker for team games.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

I am married with one child, hes almost 4 now. I work full time (three days a week, all day long though). That's really about it for that story hahah!

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

I have played on a few, usually friends.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

Friends server I was on for a couple years, we would log on just about every night. I loved the community aspect of our server. Everyone was on, offering help and ideas for each other, or just company while you did your mining or building. I really didn't have a dislike for that server. Most of them just stopped playing eventually
    As far as public servers I've had trouble finding one without tons of mods, I prefer a close community with limited mods. I like the idea of rail travel and no teleportation, It makes the game feel more real and more challenging in my opinion.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

NA

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

I'm liking the amount of effort I had to go through to even apply, those who are lazy and don't really have the dedication to fill this out are certainly not the type of people you want to join your team on Minecraft. I like the limited mods and the older age range. I'm here to have an enjoyable and relaxing time, I don't have time for the drama that some people bring, and it seems like you squash that quickly.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

Community is the other half of this game, its helping with ideas or tasks sometimes, or just keeping you company while playing. Its raiding a ravine or cave together, and searching the nether for the first time as you all plunge in to certain doom!!! Or maybe a few sad pigmen... Its all about the atmosphere and pleasure of others company.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

Reddit, I was searching for some new friends to play with.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

Anyone who hasn't switched to Discord by now is nuts! I absolutely LOVE Discord.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

I'm just a relaxed guy who wants to play some Minecraft with some new people, really looking forward to hearing back from you guys. Thanks for reading my short novel of an application! Its hard not to go on and on about something you really enjoy.

-Exile

2. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Haha, nice short novel/application;) Also, finally someone who's mostly a miner, like me:D

Exilewrath likes this.
  3. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

In five years I have never met another person face to face who carries a fire resist everywhere! Great minds @Exilewrath :)

Really good application, we'll chat soon in Discord!

Exilewrath likes this.