1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: FixedAbyss

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by FixedAbyss, Aug 29, 2017.

1. FixedAbyss

FixedAbyss New Member

IGN: FixedAbyss
    Discord: FixedAbyss

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I started playing Minecraft roughly two years ago. My best friend is the one who got me to play the game. I honestly looked at it and thought it was very boring, but after actually playing it I learned quickly the challenge to it. I was addicted.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    My favorite item must be the diamond axe. Im a tree chopping machine.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    I cant say I have a specific play style. Im a collector. I farm basic resources, clear ground, and attempt to build basic structures.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    The coolest thing I built was a replica blacksmith forge hut. It was a lot of fun to build. The coolest thing I did as a group was going to the the nether and collecting the materials to summon a wither boss and defeat him.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    For fun I enjoy shooting sports, archery and long range rifles specifically. I also enjoy rock climbing. For video games I mostly play blizzard games but I also enjoy rocket league and league of legends.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    Primarily I work. I was in school for a bit but the school I attended shut down. I recently purchased my own home so I have stepped away from school to focus on making sure I have sufficient funds to survive on. I am unmarried and live alone. I do however have an 8 month old weimaraner puppy.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    Me and my friends had a collective minecraft server that we purchased and played on for a while. But as people lost interest the server lapsed.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    As stated before the server was among my friends. We kept it active for a little over a year I believe. It was a lot of fun when friends were online to play. As priorities changed we slowly stopped playing the game until the server sub ran out.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?
    I really enjoy the idea of playing with my friends, and the friend that got me into minecraft is a current member of your server. So, here I am looking to join you fine folks.

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    I like the community feel that playing with larger groups provides.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    I feel that I can provide the group with my gathering skills. As a community we are always available to provide support and assistance to our teammates as they need. Whether that be assisting the group fighting end bosses or gathering blocks. Working together is key.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    My friend found the server and joined in. Once he became involved he quickly learned that this community was very helpful and fun to play with. He contacted me and told me I should get involved.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    Yes, When I was raiding in wow we used all the chat servers. Discord has been my favorite. I enjoy meeting new people and talking, learning, and growing from these interactions. Staying in touch via a chat server is very useful and entertaining.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    Im a casual gamer. I recently switched careers which provides me with 4 days off a week so I will have an opportunity to play quite a bit more now.

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Hi @FixedAbyss, welcome to WhoCraft!

We're always glad to see small groups of friends apply, and we are usually rather lenient and very excited to bring friends in together. However, this doesn't mean that we circumvent normal protocol with applicants -- we do not ever simply whitelist and hand out the IP. We try to bring every new applicant online personally with at least one admin, if not admins+members, and we usually do what I call a walk-and-talk (voice chat and tour) or what Whyte also refers to as "onboarding" new members. This is typically a minimum of an hour the first time you are allowed on the server, and I've done some great interviews that pushed 3 hours.

I think there was a miscommunication last night. I have been trying to get @T3dpwns online for about a week now, the first time when I brought @Exilewrath online, and our schedules just have not matched up enough to do it. He's been incredibly patient. Whyte was trying to do me a favor, his time is as limited as mine, but he was trying to bring T3d online for me. This may have been my fault but I suggested he try to bring you in (you had just posted your application), and see if Exile wanted to join, because it might be more fun and comfortable for you all to be there, and easier for Whyte to do one tour instead of two.

We understand completely what it means to be a casual gamer, to have a real life and other obligations -- because we are the same. Our admins carry the full cost of the server amongst themselves and all of our time to run it is volunteer. We are doing it after an 8-9 hour day of work and on the weekends in between chores, errands, and family. I feel your frustration when you are available and want to get online to play with your friend, and we're just not ready for you, but we are not a big server with a 24/7 staff. WhoCraft is very different from most servers, and IMHO a very special server for those differences. I ask that you please be patient with us, but if you cannot extend our admin team the same courtesy of understanding that we have busy lives that you ask for yourself, then it is possible that we are not a good fit for you, maybe even you and your friends. And that's okay, we're not for everyone, and not everyone is for us. That's the whole point of our process, to try to get as much exposure to you as fast as possible, to decide if you can fit in here.

I would love to chat with you more in Discord. If it is not at all important or convenient for Exile and/or T3d to be around then I will work with Whyte to get you into an interview today. I will be home around 6pm PST. Feel free to message me in Discord, and thank you so much for your interest in our server.

3. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Finally!:eek: A resource collector like myself, and not someone who says redstone's their favorite material! (Seriously, we got a lot of those:D) Welcome to the forums, and hopefully after a little tour and chat in Discord, welcome to the server!;)