1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: Fraannn

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Fraannn, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Fraannn

Fraannn New Member

IGN: Fraannn
    Discord: Frannnnn#1792

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I started out by watching youtubers like JeromeASF and BajanCanadian. Watching them have fun and playing with other youtubers seemed so exhilarating to me and I begged my parents to get the game for me. The first servers I joined were those of survival and towny elements. The community sense was something I was looking for and I wanted people to appreciate my builds. The major thing that brings me back every night is the community element. I'm a shy person but talking to people online makes it easier to get to know people.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    Wool is such a versatile material to work with. It's especially useful for medival builds, something I dabble in every so often. The colors in 1.12 and with a resource pack are so vibrant and easy on the eyes. It's definitely something I can't live with out as they add color and life to my builds. There's honestly endless applications for the colored blocks of Minecraft and I absolutely love working with them.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    For starters, I'm most definitely not a redstoner. It's just something that I can't seem to understand. I love farming as the idea of it is just so appealing to me. Building, on the other hand, is a major aspect of my play style. It's one of the things that always brings me back to Minecraft. The first thing I do on a map would be to build a nice home. I don't dabble with the so-called "starter" houses. I start big and I think that's what sets me apart from other players. I keep gathering resources and hunt for the most beautiful surrounding terrain to settle in. I think it's unique to build multiple buildings for different uses. I dislike having all the utilities in one building. There's a house for sleeping, a forge for crafting and smelting, and a storage area for chests.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    The coolest thing I've done myself if build a small tropical resort. The most frustrating thing about building the resort is the getting the geometry of the hotel right. Luckily, I was able to give it a slight bend in its structure. There's an area that's based off of a hotel in Bora Bora and the thatched roofs are so beautifully layered in various types of wood, it creates a multi-dimensional type of effect. I did a group project with some friends on the same server and we built a large modern town. A majority of the builds are square in geometry making them easy on the eyes. Along with modern builds comes the use of cyan clay. Cool colors are very easy to use and add to the simplicity of the modern houses.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    I absolutely LOVE photography. I love going out in nature and just basking in the vast beauty of my surroundings. I also love to cook, find good, tasteful music, and play the guitar. I rarely play other video games other than Minecraft.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    My home life is relatively bland. My parents are often not in the house as one works night shifts and the other works during the day. I go to school from 7AM to 2PM but I don't arrive at my house until around 3PM. I have to do homework most of the time as my load this current year is a substantial increase from last years. My only real obligation is to my church where I help lead the worship band on Wednesdays.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    I have played on other Minecraft servers.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    The longest I've ever been on a server is about seven months and counting. I log in almost everyday. It's not a very large server, averaging about 400 players or less and that was really nice. The staff is very helpful and are almost always on 24/7. I dislike the fact that their survival server if play to win. The ranks are too much and to me are a waste of time. It's a survival server, not a grinding server. So many people are on but most are AFK grinding so there's never anyone to talk to. I however, have not left due to some of my friends who still play on the server.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?
    -

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    I want to be able to get to know a tight knit community. This server not only offers that, but the fact that it's purely vanilla minecraft with no plugins, makes it all the more worthwhile. There's no finicky ranks or AFK grinding, just pure, wholesome Minecraft survival.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    Community is a group of people who I should be able to talk to about anything, whether it's about Minecraft or life in general. I'm hoping to be able to add a fresh light to many topics as I'm a part of the younger bunch, but I'm also here to learn about new things.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    A friend of mine told me about this server and I decided to apply because of the way he told me about what it had to offer. I was practically drooling due to the fact that I've been looking for a small server like this.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    I have used discord before and I have no issues with joining WhoCraft's discord. I'm excited to be in a connected chat and I'm excited to get to know new people.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    I love traveling and food. Food is something I will never be picky about. It's the embodiment of my life.

Exploitated and SimplyTitan like this.