1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: Gutherie88

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Gutherie88, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Gutherie88

Gutherie88 New Member Server Member

IGN: Gutherie88
    Discord: Gutherie88

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night? 2012, honestly, I played MC for the first time on Xbox 360. I wanted more from the game, so I bought it on my old laptop. I have, always, been intrested in creating things, like buildings and cities. I used to play MC all the time, but my interest died down for some time, but I am back, and I am eager to start again!

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why? Good old wood planks. My connection to lumber is closer than most people, in real life.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do? I love to build, and I did not play any survival for awhile once I got hooked on creative. All you ever need to build in the game right in your digital hands, but so much creative wants me to go survival.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group. I have built a couple minecraft server spawns before, and I once built a working auction house with a few others.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play? I play video games. My favorites are Halo, Battlefield, GTA, and City Skylines. I am, also, a big outdoor sports pick-up guy... or just a big sports guy in general.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have? I am a college a student, and I work for a family lumber yard business while I am not at school.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before? Yes

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave? 4 or 5 years. A lot of staff left the server due to disputes. Nice people, but it slowly progressed to immature children, and failing plus horrible ranking system.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before? N/A

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle? I was recommended here by Bevr, a member on the server, and it sounds like a new perfect minecraft pilgrimage into a survival world.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community? It is a very broad term, but to me it means a group of people that live and work together. Can be very diverse, but everybody understands each others differences, even if they do not approve. We live in the same community, so we depend on each other, no matter who (or what) we are.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply? Bevr, a member on the server described WhoCraft to me, and it seemed perfect for the situation I am in, regarding MC.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily? Skype but none of the others (I am not too tech savy.) I spend some time on social media, so it will not be hard to keep up.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you? Not specifically

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Welcome to WhoCraft @Gutherie88, and thank you so much for taking the time to put in a nice application!

Survival and Creative are definitely different games, but there is something very rewarding about planning and completing large builds in Survival that is so rewarding. We also have some neat perks in our world that I think will appeal to you as a builder, such as custom villagers who sell non-renewable materials in bulk, and some decorative items (via customized player heads).

Also, very excited to see new members bringing friends over -- thanks @bevr! We believe that Minecraft is always more fun with friends. :)

Are you able to join me in Discord tonight for a walk-and-talk? I'll add you to the server and we'll voice chat so I can ask questions and tour you around a bit. I'll PM you in Discord this evening if you're available.

3. Gutherie88

Gutherie88 New Member Server Member

Yes, sorry I was at work all day. I should be able to join, but it might have to be late. Eastern Time Zone late. I have no idea when I will be able to. But I will let you know when I know.

4. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

No problem, I'm west coast but I go to bed pretty early for work. I'll try to stay around as long as I can but absolute latest is probably midnight to 1am for you, just reply to my PM in Discord when you're ready. :)

5. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Welcome to the crew Gutherie, your application was very nice and I think you already got a little tour from sunny. If not, let us know ok?;)