1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN:Jaaberwockie

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Jaabberwockie, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Jaabberwockie

Jaabberwockie New Member Server Member

IGN: Jaabberwockie
    Discord: jaabberwockie
    Age: (shhh 30) never ask a lady- and a lady never tells :p

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I just started playing minecraft recently. I would say a year now ish. Im an avid xbox gamer (gaaaasspppp). Typically I play things like resident evil, COD, destiny. I never got the concept of the simplicity of MC... Until my younger brother said...Hey lets build a castle. And thats all it took. Cash the check I was hooked. So we built an enormous kingdom all survival ( not a creative builder at all. I need the feeling of accomplishment mining your blocks gives you.) But anyway. We played w no enchants, no potions, no iron (barely). Bc we are noobs and I had no idea what redstone was. But after 8 hours a day EVERY...SINGLE...DAY... thinking breathing, studying MC. Ive advanced to the PC community. The home of the dedicated players :p I hate server hopers, or people who ask u to build in their worlds and never return the favor.. Im looking for somewhere to settle in and be able to build large projects to my hearts content :p

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    Honestly, the emerald. HA! I just learned how to breed and trade villagers. Made my first auto farms to trade and Ive been able to hoard all my diamonds and trade for whatever enchant or tool I need. They are also green - my fav color- and the villagers keep me company on the quiet nights. XD

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? Im medieval all the way. Castles and towers. Huge beautiful builds are my thang. I know absolutely nothing about redstone and it makes my brain hurt :p I also am a homesteader / farmer irl so I love having pets and animals. Its my fav part of the game.
    *What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    Honestly I walk around until I find a biome or area for inspiration. I hate destroying any landscape and typically terraform (everyones best friend :/ ) as I build. So an inspirational area that i can roll my builds into naturally gives me the motivation to play. Ive been called "whimsical" as a builder. I love air ships and floaating castles. ive built krakens coming out of my dams, water wheels into the sky fed into aquaducts, etc :p Oh and hot air balloons. my fav!

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group. Well on xbox 360- where i started I would just start on one corner of the map and build through the entire thing. I think I accomplished 2 entire maps myself w a few friendly builds throughout. The last thing I built was content for our youtuber . He plays server batman and I made a "trap for the bat" it was a 4 room find the button w underwater chambers and lava parkour. I planned and built it but I hired friends for tnt work, redstone doors etc. you can watch the episode on youtube.com/ralemaximus. :)

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play? Im a homesteader so we make our own soaps, I raise our own food, garden. I also work for the court house represnting children in abusive situations. I graduated college 2 decembers ago and have always wanted to hold this position. I also model and do photography part time. :)

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have? Stated some above. But I am married to an army veteran. We own a gun store and he is in school to be a helicopter pilot. We have 2 children. One whom is very young so I get to stay home w him for the majority of my time. Hence all my mindless hours on mc :D

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    I do have a main server that I OP on. vanilla survival. Hexagoon. You can find it in those you tube posts I linked a few questions up. I love it there and am not leaving by any means. It is just slower at this time so Im looking to pick up a 2nd server. I am being extremly picky bc I dont have time or interest in doing multiple projects on multiple servers. id like to just find a second family for the dead quiet times :)

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave? I typically hosted my own server on xbox bc i could never find 1. ADULT mcs on there and 2. they always started new servers. I hated that. So i hosted my own for about 8 months and now ventured to pc where I started at hexagoon. Ive been there 4 months and done sooooo many huge projects :) so looking to just be a new guy somewhere and find some inspiration.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before? again, love my server and our little family so havnt needed to venture out. but now its summer and folks are more busy so its been quiet for a bit now.

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle? Honestly, i was chatting with critical and he said you guys might be a good fit :)

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community? I spend countless hours on mc and I love to hang out socialize, touring bases is my favorite and helping out wherever I can. so the community is the main heart of a server.. To me anyway.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply? again , just me expressing what I was looking for and critical thikning this might be a good fit :D

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily? I would love to be on discord. coming from xbox we always voice chatted. So I like to voice chat. I usually chat the entire time and am very social. I have discord on my phone even :)

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    Just like an opportunity to meet like minded folks. Hopefully I hit on all the questions you had :)

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

@Jaabberwockie -- wonderful application, just from reading I'm so excited to get you on WhoCraft and see what you can do!

Whimsical is such a great word to describe a building style! And I can see it already from your screenshots. I'm a survival builder first and foremost as well, my specialty is making mob-proof look good, and I typically build very rustic-fantasy-medieval/steampunk. I think you're going to really like some of what we have going on and the overall stability of the server.

Also -- Amish Country? Homesteading? OMG please tell me more. :)