1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: jonthepope

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Jonthepope, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Jonthepope

Jonthepope New Member Server Member

IGN: jonthepope
    Discord: Kinetic#6589

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I started in alpha, right after the halloween update after my brother bought the game for me. The gameplay element that inspired me to play was an endless canvas to build that you also see with LEGO.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    I primarily play Vanilla style minecraft, so that item for me would be a nice auto-farm for food and good armor.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    My minecraft style is hoarding (I love storage rooms), setting up shops/economy. I consider myself average and am usually in awe of other peoples creations, but I like to think I give people motivation and a crowd for them to show off their builds.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    The coolest thing that I think i've done in minecraft was collecting 40,000 pumpkins on a server with MCMMO plugin (for herbalism xp) which I later used to fill in land.

I can't think of a "coolest" moment i've done with a group but I definitely can think of the most enjoyable. On the first night of playing with my brother and one of our friends, we ended up screaming like girls when exploring caves.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    My non Minecraft hobbies include gaming, tabletop gaming (whenever I can) and staring at my new truck whenever I can.

My most recent games I enjoy playing are listed below.
    Rainbow Six: Siege
    Oldschool Runescape
    PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    I work in IT as a NOC (network operations center) Analyst, not currently in school and I have two roommates (mum & dad). No real life obligations besides work & car payment.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    Yes, i've played on a few minecraft servers with the main one being VeteranCraft (for several years).

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    4 Years on Veterancraft, I joined in 2010 and was there until 2014 when I quit Minecraft for several years
    Liked: Community, Economy.
    Dislike: Issues with new Administration team after the Owner stopped playing minecraft.
    Left: Abuse of administrators got too much for me to deal with, and I wanted a more vanilla experience.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?
    Not Applicable

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    There is not much sense of achievement/accomplishment when playing solo if you can't share it with friends, and no reason to build if you aren't being judged on your build :)

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    Community to me means being able to enjoy the company of people you play with, and to help eachother when we are feeling down, or need advice.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    I found out about WhoCraft from a bunch of friends who are already here.
    PhantomSyndrome, ShirleyFaith, WaterBottle22, MCPyre, WetWetson, Ayecassidy.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    I've been using VOIP Software since 2005 and can't play a multiplayer game without one, that being said I do use Discord and have no issues joining it.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    I do work an odd work schedule and will typically not be on for sometimes half the week.

Also, thank you for your time in reviewing my application and I hope to be playing soon.

Thanks,
    Jon