1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN:KagetaneH

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Rob, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob New Member

IGN:KagetaneH
    Discord:ItsRob

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I started playing minecraft in early 2012, played on and off as I was a 12 year old with a crap pc running at like 30fps lol. Later that year I ended up getting a better pc and I found a community that I actually fit in and played every day for about 4 years. However the owner gave up on the server, and it died so all the players left. Ever since I've been searching for a small community that I could be part of. I have a strange addiction to minecraft, I love that the possibility are always endless, and you can play it differently every time you play.
    (2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why? I could never live without my pickaxe, it has to come with me where ever I go. I'm like a hobbit I love living in caves, I spend 90% of the time in the caves mining, and building.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do? I love to build, but I love to mostly farm for resources. Every time I start I just craft that stone pickaxe, and get mining.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group. The coolest thing I think I personally built was a tiny floating island and excavated the ground beneath to make it look like its been ripped out of the ground. It might not sound impressive, but I was proud of myself as I'm not an extremely creative person. I mostly live by myself so I dont tend to work on group projects.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play? If I'm not playing minecraft I'll be playing random games like CS:GO, factorio, ETS2 or any other game that I just have a sudden urge of playing. I love spending time watching netflix or anime.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have? I go to college, 3 times a week studying engineering. I have to wake up catch a train to another town because my local college didnt have the course I wanted. I've been trying to get a part time job, but haven't been too successful at it. I live with my mum her boyfriend, and my brother. I spend a load of time playing video games as it lets me get distracted from the real life.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before? I have played on CraftRealms from later 2012 and have played till around early 2017 because the head admin left the server and everything else rotted away afterwards.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave? I have spent around 5 years on the server playing daily, with some short breaks inbetween. I like the community, it was small but friendly. Only thing I disliked about it was the abusing staff but they were cool people to talk to so it didn't bother me as much. The server got remade, but it wasn't the same as all the players I knew never came back. It wasn't a change I could adapt to, and the server died within in a month as only Spanish speaking players remained. The chat was constantly being spammed with Spanish so it was hard to communicate with any English speakers remaining.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle? It seems like a small friendly community and thats exactly what I'm searching for.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community? Community to me as a bunch of people coming together as one, to help each other out.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply? I youtubed vanilla minecraft servers and came across you guys. It seems like a small friendly community and thats why im applying.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily? I have used discord but I personall prefer teamspeak. I don't mind being in it but for some reason it makes my game more laggy.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you? I think everything above gave a fairly good idea of who I am.

SimplyTitan likes this.
  2. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Nicely written and detailed application, and it's always nice to see a fellow Hobbit on the server:D Welcome to Whocraft, and stay with us as one of the admins will get to you shortly!;)