1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: krembo

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by krembo, Sep 16, 2017.

1. krembo

krembo New Member Server Member

IGN: krembo

Discord: krembo#2390

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night? I started playing minecraft about 6 years ago. I'm not even sure how I found the game. I think I found etho on youtube and thought that this is cool. I started playing seriously about 4 years ago when I discovered one of my too be best friends to date was hooked as well. I especially love redstone. The logic challenge in every contraption is unique and no matter what theme I choose I always come back to these fun little challenges.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why? Since elytras and fireworks were added they’re my favorite items. Never till now was it so easy and fun to explore and travel! If I get an elytra you’ll never see me on the ground again. Can’t really explain it, it’s just my secret fun.

(2) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do? My core minecraft skills are indeed the technical side of minecraft. I love building redstone contraptions and automated farms. Basically I’m the good kind of lazy; I’ll work hard in order to be able to do less grind later. At the start my farms and contraptions were bare bones. The beauty of them was the redstone. Lately I’ve come to like hidden redstone and I’ve worked on my building. My comfort zone is futuristic style and I’ve been building this style for a long long time.

(3) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group. Until recently (two months ago) I’ve always played with a friend. We built together guardian farms, Secret redstone labs, a bat cave and more. Sadly as all these projects were done with another player I’ll present my favorite mini thing. In the bat cave I built a huge golden bat symbol. The cool thing about it was that it had a hidden elytra launcher. It was what I thought was a first of its kind in minecraft. Here’s a prototype I uploaded to YouTube; the obsidian isn’t necessary and the bat symbol was improved. The coolest thing I’ve ever built in a group was a futuristic spawn city. The coolest thing about it was working elevators in every skyscraper, all the redstone. J

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play? I just graduated high school. After I tore my ACL (did my surgery a month and a half ago) I couldn’t play Ultimate Frisbee anymore so I started coaching my home town’s team. Other than that I just love hanging out with my friends playing strategy games and all.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have? So I live at home with my parents and a 15 year old sister. As I said I just graduated high school and am still recovering from ACL surgery. As a result I can’t work so I have a lot of time to play.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before? I’ve been playing on vanilla survival servers for about 4-5 years. The longest I’ve played on a server was a year and a half. Sadly the servers usually get shut down because of lack of funding. It just sucks, I love to build when I’m in the groove and then to be reminded that servers cost a lot.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave? I never chose to leave a server. I could just play single player. The reason I play on servers is because of the interactions and world building that happens by everyone’s work. As long as the server is active (Meaning I see someone I’m interacting with every week or so) I pretty much log whenever I can, almost daily. There are two things I really don’t like about servers, one is lasting inactivity, the other is people just not respecting other players.

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle? The last server I’ve played on seamed to shut down due to lack in funding. This community seams really stable. I mean 4 years! That’s almost the time I’ve been playing online… I bring stability, the passion to build epic and me, wanting to bond with cool people that share my passion.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community? Community has two parts. The first part is just interactions on and off the server. You know, not playing single player. The second part is contributing to team projects. Basically I look at my minecraft community as people I would want to hang out with IRL. My hope is that you’ll live up to that.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply? Basically I was talking to Jaab on my last server before it closed. She told me about this server she’s been playing on with some other of our members for some time. Now that our server closed due to funding I reached out to see if I can still join what I heard to be a super fun community.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily? Yup! Have been using discord since it came to gamers awareness. Before that I’ve used skype.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you? Nope, just thank you for reading all this.

2. RaleMaximus

RaleMaximus New Member Server Member

I've played with krembo on Hexagoon. He's a great player and trustworthy to have as a server mate.

MikeJWho and krembo like this.
  3. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Very nice to meet you @krembo, and nice job on the application. Love the Batman launcher, that's very creative. Thank you for sharing it!

We have definitely been through all the ups and downs a server can imagine, and we're fortunate to have a really unique owner and team at the heart of it. We don't ask for or run on donations. @MikeJWho kept us running for years, and now the admin team splits the bill for the server costs every month. We're all adults who have paid for online gaming (MMO or other) at one time in our lives, and we understand that it's a small price to pay for what amounts to much more than monthly entertainment. To many of us, WhoCraft is a second home. We started using Discord late last year and it has really changed how we stay connected -- 2017 has been an amazing year of growth for WhoCraft. Rale and Jaabber are counted among many awesome additions.

Big welcome to WhoCraft. I'll catch you in Discord and try to schedule a walk-and-talk with you soon!

MikeJWho likes this.
  4. krembo

krembo New Member Server Member

Thank you! can't wait for the walk and talk