1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: Lazybatman_

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Lazybatman_, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Lazybatman_

Lazybatman_ New Member Server Member

IGN: Lazybatman_
    Discord: Faith#6294

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

I started playing around 3 years ago. I was going through a difficult time in my life and needed something to relax me. It started just playing the demo version over and over, watching the youtubers like CaptainSparkelz, until i got around to it and actually bought the game. Three years later i'm still just as much in love with the game, just not so much the same youtubers...

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

I've always had a small obsession with diamond boots. I think it's because 1. I like blue and 2. I like the feeling of being rich enough to wear diamonds on my feet. Even though they only cost 4 diamonds, I kind of look at Minecraft in a real live perspective. The outcome of playing too much UHC.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

While i'm comfortable doing everything, I've always gravitated to farming. Animals, food, it just happens. My go-to when i first start on a map is collecting all the animal choices nearby. I always try to get sheep of every color. I started doing so when i first began and now not only does it give me something to do, it gives me a sense of stability on a server.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

Coolest thing i ever did had to be the totem pole i made. While my building skills are not that great, I have pictures in my head of how i want it to look. With a lot of blood sweat and tears i can usually get my vision into blocks. Sadly that world was lost when i got a new computer.

With a group, we completely mined a 10x10 chunk radius and made a cavern that went all the way to build limit. The project was never completely finished before the server shut down. We needed around 150k stone blocks to complete the roof part.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

I work with search and rescue dogs. I obedience train dogs, especially those who are people or dog aggressive. When i'm not doing that, i'm watching youtube, netflix, or playing rust or cs:go.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

I'm a senior in high school, but taking college courses with my major looking to be software engineering and a minor in business. I live with my grandparents and just recently got out of foster care. My schedule can be a little bit off because i can be called onto a search at any time.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

I've played on 3 main servers (Other than the big ones, Hypixel, Mineplex, etc.) The first was a creative server where i met a lot of my online friends i still play with today. The second was a survival server (Where we built the cavern) and the third was another whitelisted server i played until about a month ago.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

As i said, my schedule can be everywhere. Some days i'd be on for 10 hours other days for 10 minutes, but i managed to get on pretty much every day.
    The owner gave power to somebody else and the server turned toxic. The new owner mass whitelisted people and those of us who had played for awhile no longer felt welcome.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

I was looking at this server earlier this year before i turned 18 (around march). This was when I was slowly giving up on the other server. I had my hopes set on joining until i saw you guys only accepted 18+. It's been a few months since my birthday but i was hoping to try to join, now that i meet the minimum age requirement. I would like to be part of a community i can feel at home in. After looking through the forums, i think this server would offer that.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

Community is a group of people who balance out each other and help each other succeed. I'm normally kind of shy, but i'm pretty helpful. I love working on big projects.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

(See number 8) I found you guys through a friend who had come across this website. He knew i was looking for a new server and directed me here.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

I have used Discord, Skype, and Teamspeak. I am already on the discord. I like being able to connect with everybody without having to hop on the server.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

I'm definitely not the best Minecraft player, but i try to do my best. I'm very likely to have a small army of dogs wherever i go. That's how it is in real life...

2. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Very nice, open and honest application;) I like the fact that you are deep down more of a farmer than a builder, because trust me, we got a looooooot of builders!:D (I'm actually more of an adventurer/farmer myself, so yaaay farmers!)

I'm not one of the admins, but they're usually pretty fast with responding, so... Until soon?:)

3. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Really nice application @Lazybatman_ (aka Faith). I love how you talked about your relationship with dogs both in life and in game. Also, I think here at WhoCraft we definitely understand and value stability and low-stress.

Thanks so much for touring with us so quickly, I hope you enjoyed it. Big WELCOME to WhoCraft! :)