1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: MCPYRE

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by MCPyre, Jul 28, 2017.

1. MCPyre

MCPyre New Member Server Member

IGN: MCPyre
    Discord: MCPYRE

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you.
    I started with my kidlets on the 360.

What brings you back each night?
    After they decided that they outgrew it, I kept on going. After an update pretty much destroyed my world that I spent too much time on, I used a PC card that I got for my youngest that she never used. Been playing PC ever since.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    The emerald. With the emerald you can get just about everything you need to survive and prosper.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades?
    I am not great at creating buildings, at least that look good. If you need an automated crop/iron/gold farm I am the one to call. I have a decent understanding of redstone. Linking portals (apparently that seems to be a challenge sometimes {y levels are actually important after all}).

What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    First thing on a map is usually find a mountain situated in a chunk that I like and after the obligatory AFK fish farm (how else is one going to jump start themselves right out the gate?) essentially hollow it out building villager/iron/gold/crop/mob farms along the way and yes in tandem and same loaded chunk area.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    Not sure about coolest ever but I came up with a design that places an iron farm on top of a gold farm in the over world. If I find a virgin/unwanted stronghold eventually it will probably be dug out in all its glory.
    As far as group things not much as my group experience is very limited.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    I watch Hermitcraft and Mindcrack vids or streams when I can, bing watch netfilx and maybe once in a while play some STO.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    A very flexible work schedule for a little while yet. That will probably change soon though. The rest will stay private at least for the time being.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    Yes

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server?
    6 months or so. I really don't keep track.

How often did you log in?
    Usually at least everyday.

What did you like about it?
    Having others around, seeing builds that I could not do up close and personal, not having to fight and scrape for the really cool things like shulker boxes and elytras (diamonds are relatively easy in comparison).

What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    They died out ( I am starting to think I may be cursed)

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?
    N/A

(8) Why would you like to be on our server?
    I would like to not have to rebuild my main base again and again the amount of time and resources and time....
    I would to see builds that I can't do up close and personal.
    I would like to pass on some of my hard earned knowledge to others.

What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    World longevity.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you?
    Harmless pranks and fun can be good. Thieving and/or griefing is just plain evil I will leave and not look back.
    If someone calls for help whether rescue mission or redstone or build critiques I want to be a part of that.

What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    I can grind out long jobs if needed.
    Figure out why a farm/portal/some redstone is not working. I may be a hermit most of the time but am willing to help if able to.
    Do you want fully loaded maxed out named gear? I finally figured out how to do that consistently. (7 max level enchants on a sword.)

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    Former members of a server that crashed and burned recommendation found you.
    Poking around your reddit and forums put you top of the list for move if needed.
    The vibe seems about to mesh with the way I like to play.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Yes
    Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord?
    What you don't see my user name on the list there?

What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    The voice I have issue with as my mic(s) have issues, I do like to listen though and the text aspect is a good thing as one does not have to be "on" all the time,

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    I like intelligent conversation, I will treat you with respect provided I am in turn treated with respect.

2. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Lets hope you're not actually cursed haha:DStill, a nice application and its nice to hear that you like a good prank now and then;) And we agree on the stealing and griefing thing, which is one thing our server up until now has been able to avoid for the most part:)

As I said on Discord the admins will need to take a look at your application too and make the decision to whitelist, but for now at least: Welcome to Whocraft!;)

3. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Hello @MCPyre and welcome! I apologize for taking a minute to get back to you, we are interested and I'd like to set up a walk-and-talk sometime this week to bring you on the server. I've been really crazy busy but we'll talk to you soon. The mic thing is not a problem if you can listen and respond via typing. It sounds like you'd be a good fit all around, we have a lot of really knowledgeable players and a lot of not so knowledgeable and we make it work by helping each other out, working as neighbors and sometimes as teams.

I love your age response -- fair enough! We have some youngsters @ 18-21 but I think I can safely say our average age is around 30 +/- with a couple of 40 year olds mixed in for good measure.

If you have any questions at all about the server please feel free to ask us in Discord. We'll talk you to soon!