1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: PhantomSyndrome

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by PhantomSyndrome, Jul 24, 2017.

1. PhantomSyndrome

PhantomSyndrome New Member Server Member

IGN: PhantomSyndrome
    Discord: Phantom#2418

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

I started playing Minecraft early 2012. The main feature that immediately got me hooked was the infinite possibilities. Its a game where YOU make it what YOU want it. It brings an array of players together with its appeal to all different kinds of people. I love building and designing, and that was what stood out to me. I could team up with redstone gurus, farmers and decorators to make the perfect team!

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

My favorite item in the game is the poisonous potato. I have literally traded diamonds for them. They are extremely important to me. I know one day they will hold a use, but for now, I name every one I get and keep them in their own separate, homely storage places. No one values them, and they deserve someone to love and care for them, and I have taken on that responsibility.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

I often build before I even have food to keep myself alive. I refuse to build dirt huts or cobble squares, as the first build is a forever build. I don't like wasting space or halfheartedly creating a temporary house. On top of building, I very much enjoy rigging spawners and hunting monsters. I have never been a big farmer, or redstoner, but I know how to do both when I need to. Almost always, you will find a donation area near my house for any unwanted poisonous potatoes...because I cannot survive without them.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

I have built many things in Minecraft which I am very proud of, I cannot choose just one. I've built big, and small, from Giant Ships to small camps in the middle of a forest. What I love about groups is that a range of skills and styles clash together in one epic piece. I remember playing with a group of strangers a long time ago, and everyone started from scratch to build a town. Everyone was assigned specific plots, and it was amazing to start building next to another and just seeing the difference in style and thought-process was awe-inspiring.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

When I'm not playing Minecraft, I like to work on various things in Photoshop. I also like to draw in my spare time, though I never seem to have time to finish. Skyrim and No Man's Sky are my "go-tos" whenever I'm in a gaming mood, but don't quite feel for Minecraft.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

Currently, I am a stay-at-home mom. I have a beautiful 2 year old, Cortana, a husband, Chase, and various pets. When I'm not taking care of chores, and my daughter is napping, I get time to hop on my computer, which I am very grateful for. It can be tough because I am often unable to voice on Discord during the day, in-which most people are typically on, but come night time, I love chatting and getting to know people from all over the world.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

Yes, I have played a multitude of other servers. My most recent vanilla server was disbanded after some disagreements among the community, though I try and keep in touch with them as often as possible.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

I stayed on the previously stated server about a year before it was disbanded. All of the players were very close, and it is just difficult to find another community like that. I logged in every day, at every possible time I had between school and home life. Though, I have gotten busy as of late, and can only hop on my computer once every 2 days. I loved that everyone in the previous server were close, and everyone was willing to give the shirt off their back for you be it in-game, or even real life troubles.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

N/A

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

I will admit, I do tend to wander off and build on my own, but I love helping other players. I'd travel thousands of blocks just to deliver a few stacks of cobble if somebody needed it. From what I understand, the WhoCraft community is similar to my last. Everyone is close, and it's like a family. I would love to reside in a community where everyone is mature, respectful and understanding of one another.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

Community means looking out for each other. Everyone has their own way of playing the game, and thus everyone can benefit from one another. I would love to have the opportunity to get to know some other mature, friendly adults who love playing the game.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

One of my previous community members found WhoCraft and recommended I look into it, and so I did. At first, reading through the intro seemed like it was going to be just another "community claimed" server, but after reading through every sentence, I realized that this is the real deal. This IS a community, and I am very interested and eager to meet everyone in the community.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

Discord is my primary way of keeping in contact with ALL of my Minecraft friends. I think that Discord is the best way to chat with fellow gamers and get to really know a person outside of the game.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

My name is Elle, but most people call me Phantom online. I live in Washington State and love it here. I plan to go to school for Computer Programming as well as Game Design in 2 years, when my daughter is enrolled in preschool. That is all I can think of without going into crazy, stupid details that I'm sure 90% don't want to hear! Haha. Thank you for taking the time to read this, hope to hear from you soon!

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

@PhantomSyndrome We're so glad to have you here, I think you've already proven yourself a wonderful addition, and I hope you find a home here for years to come!

I love the poisonous potato fetish, that's definitely a new one on me. I'm trekking out to your new place and bringing you a gift. Welcome to WhoCraft! :)