1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: RaleMaximus

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by RaleMaximus, Jul 15, 2017.

1. RaleMaximus

RaleMaximus New Member Server Member

IGN: RaleMaximus
    Discord: RaleMaximus#8210

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

A couple of years ago my children introduced me to the world of Minecraft. We played together on the Xbox until eventually I broke down and bought it for the PC. I've been playing for over year (close to 2 now) and can always find something to do. The ability to take the creativity in your mind and project it into a game is what really appeals to me about this game and I enjoy spending countless hours gathering, crafting and building things.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

Favorite block? So many to choose from I don't know if I have a "favorite". If I had to choose one, it would likely be redstone. You can do so many interesting things with redstone and I learn something new about it almost every time I embark on a redstone project. As far as a block I can't live without, that would definitely be the crafting table :)

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

I'd classify myself as a jack-of-all-trades. I know enough about redstone to be dangerous, enough about building that my buildings don't look like blocks and enough about farms (manual and automated) to collect the things I need. One of the first thing I do when starting out on a map is to find a place to build my "home". Depending on the resources available at the start, I could build anything from a nice wooden starter home to a hole in the ground.

As for adding funny or unique things to a map, there is no set thing I would build that would set me apart. I like to make people laugh and often will build something "fun" to reflect that.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

The majority of my Minecraft time has been done in single player survival. I have a YouTube channel that I've been uploading videos to for the last year+ which shows the things I've build in my single player series as well as a couple of SMP series. My most recent "cool" think I've build is a massive keep which sits on top of a huge "chunk-o-farms". The wall around the keep is quite large and encompasses quite a large area (for a single player anyway).

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

I'm a gamer so I do like to play other games. I work full-time so my evenings and weekends are either spent with my children or playing/recording Minecraft. I don't have much time to play other games but will sometimes fire up Diablo III or a game on Steam.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

I live alone, but I am a single father of 4. My children live with their mother and I have them at my place on the weekends. During the day I'm an IT project manager for an information security team at a large financial firm. During the warm months, I like heading to the beach, doing some camping or just having a backyard campfire.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

Yes. One was a server I started with my kids in hopes of building something. The second is a vanilla SMP I applied for and joined.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

I would say 3-4 months. Keep in mind I have been primarily playing single player. Lately I've been looking for more "human" interaction and have been drawn to the multiplayer side of Minecraft. I would typically log in at least once a day (except for when I'm away or have company) and will spend an average of 2-3 hours playing.

The things I enjoy about being on a server are:
    - Interacting with people and being part of a community
    - Seeing what others have built and get inspiration from their builds
    - Laughs

The things I dislike (if I'm honest):
    - Thieves (yes, we had an issue with some thievery)
    - Younger players - There was a minimum age set to 14 but there were a couple of members who were 12/13. Don't get me wrong, I play Minecraft with my own kids, but I know what to expect and am a little more tolerant to their "play styles".

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

There are a few things that jumped out at me right away:

- Mature (age-wise anyway :) ) player base
    - Age of the community. This group has been going for around 5 years and that shows me you're doing the right things and have built a great community. You have likely seen ups and downs and went through various stages of "imagination-block" and are still here.
    - Organized and restricted. You know what you want, you're not looking to build a new community by accepted anyone. You know what works, you know the kind of player that will work and make decisions based on that.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

As previously mentioned, I like to make people laugh. I also have some great ideas for builds and have quite a few hours in the run of a week to play. I don't mind donating materials for community projects or to just lend a helping hand to someone who may be struggling. Looking to meet new people, make new friends and have some laughs. This is what makes a community feel like home and that's really my goal in submitting this application.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

I was browsing Reddit and stumbled upon a post from someone looking for a mature SMP server. One of the comments posted said they played on a server called WhoCraft so I Googled it :) The reason I'm applying are the same as the ones in question 8 and 9.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

Yes, I have used all of the above. I am currently on the WhoCraft discord server and have no problems using it. I think it is absolutely necessary in order to communicate with the server members and keep them up-to-date.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

As I mentioned earlier, I do have a YouTube channel and I enjoy making Minecraft videos. If accepted to this server, I would like to create videos of my adventures here and share them.

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Really nice to meet you @RaleMaximus, wonderful application! Welcome to WhoCraft!

Really not sure which piece to latch onto, there's so many things in your responses that just hit the nail on the head -- I think you're going to find there's several people you'll fit in great alongside here, whether it's similar age, similar situation with occupation or kids, similar build styles, or same location. And we're always very excited to have content creators (we have a few others who dabble with Twitch and videos).

We have a pretty established Survival world, but PLENTY of open and undisturbed/un-generated space for new friends. We definitely have a very cultivated Vanilla experience. Wea also like to run "Blind Jump" events (we just finished one), and sometimes optional UHC, Captive or Skyblock on a separate IP on weekends, just to get a change of pace.

We'll catch you on Discord soon to get you in game and do a walk-and-talk. Can't wait to chat. :)

3. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Very nice application, and your interesting youtube vids already attracted someone else to Whocraft as well. Love to see more of your vids, and of course see you on the server!:)