1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: T3dpwns

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by T3dpwns, Aug 25, 2017.

1. T3dpwns

T3dpwns New Member

IGN: T3dpwns
    Discord: T3dpwns

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I started playing Minecraft when it was released on the Xbox. I had seen some videos and watched some streams on Twitch. I saw some of the incredible builds people had made, as well as some of the amazing redstone machines people had designed. I really enjoy survival style games, as well as open world games. So naturally, Minecraft fit that need, and provided me an opportunity to engage my creativity.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    I guess my new favorite block is concrete, because of the versatility it adds to the creative buildings in Minecraft. Before, if you wanted to build colorful, you had to use wool, and then there was always a chance of it burning to the ground or one bad creeper blast and it's all gone. I can live without concrete, but if you ask what I can't live without it's all the blocks. I like the variety of blocks. I like how each biome has it's own unique components and offers different resources. Plus without all the blocks, we'd all just fall into the Void.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    I am definitely a farmer first and foremost. I tend to get all my resources in line to survival, and then I begin collecting. My ideal base would have a double chest full of every item in the game. I've never gotten that far, but I would say that's a good thing. If I ever accomplished a double chest of every item in this game, I would probably feel like I won. I like mining when the server is quiet. I like building redstone contraptions and secrets.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    My original Minecraft world on Xbox was probably the proudest I had ever been. I burrowed into a large mountain and build some really cool base in the side of this mountain over a lake. Then I wanted to share my creation with other people. So I started looking for people to join me on my world. Made a good friend and we spruced up the looks of the base together. We gave it a castle theme with stone bricks and battlements lining the roofs. As we all know, when we aren't cautious about who we let join our lovely world, we end up with toxic destructive greifers that join to destroy your beautiful creations, so in the Xbox world, there was no whitelisting options, and if someone joined, even if they couldn't break blocks, it didn't stop them from luring creepers into your base to destroy stuff. So I built a giant arena around the spawn to contain new players who joined. Then I wired up a switch from my base to open the spawn if an approved player joined. Lastly, we built a water elevator and collection chamber for zombies from a nearby spawner, and wired up a door to release the zombies on the unwelcome players who joined and were trapped in the arena. It was great fun.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play? I play other games, currently hooked on PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. I watch a variety of twitch streamers, Youtubers, and movies. I enjoy sports and going out with my more social friends. Other times, I enjoy staying in and nerding out with some Magic: The Gathering, Warhammer 40k, or any other enjoyable board/tabletop/card game we have enough players to enjoy.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have? I'm single, don't have any kids, never been married. I work 3rd shift doing Tech support for Hospitals, so I am online a variety of different times.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before? I've tried out many servers, stayed on some longer than others.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    I've played on some for over a year before. Usually logging on at least 2-3 times a week, and at the most every day for a couple hours. I enjoyed working on my base, and when I needed to take a break, I'd go visit the other players, check out what they have built. I enjoyed working out trades, or building a shop to provide resources I have a plethora of. I liked helping with some big projects as long as they were planned out well. I didn't like that the mods on the server were just giving themselves items. They had good intentions, but I feel anytime you introduce resources for free (duping/mods) then it devalues that resource, and if the resource is something that is traded for or used as currency then nothing is really valuable any more. Most servers I left were due to the servers dwindling down to no active players. I do expect a little less activity when I am on, as I'm a night owl, but I still expect to see activity on the server. A few servers I left due to poor moderation.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?
    N/A

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    Well from what I hear this server has been around quite a while, and usually servers that survive past the 1 year mark have good mods/admins, and have a dedicated player base to keep them alive. Plus, my friend has applied here, and if he's playing, I want to be able to play with him. :)

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community? Community has many meanings, it depends on the relationships that a built within that community that defines the word. I enjoy a community that helps each other with things you're good at. I enjoy a community that works on a fair barter system or shops. I enjoy a community were it's members can come together to build things for everyone to use.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    Well mainly, my friend, Exile was applying to this server, and he mentioned some of the things he had learned about this place. I joined the discord and saw some familiar faces of people I enjoyed playing with on other servers as well and that's a huge plus.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    I always use Discord, and I've used almost every voice chat service out there between my history of FPS and MMO gaming. I converted my friends to Discord from other platforms.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    We could be here all day if you get me talking. Ask any of my friends, I have the memory of an elephant and rebuild the memories with the stories I tell. I love doing anything in life the generates memorable experiences.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Very nice application @T3dpwns, and great to see another pair of friends. I agree wholeheartedly that Minecraft is better with friends, and that's a surefire way to help keep people engaged and active.

I have to admit I've never played on Xbox so I found your description of what you had to build to shield your world very fascinating! But we definitely understand that same difficulty and risk of inviting new people into our home. There's always a tiny bit of tension mixed in with the excitement of possible new friends, but our application process has served us pretty well.

We've survived 5 years on sheer persistence, and we've seen a lot of highs and lows over the years. We seem to be enjoying a very nice period of "high" activity for the last two months since our last recruitment post, seeing at least a few people on constantly throughout the day, and peaking in the evenings between 5 and 10, even on weekdays and sometimes as high as 15. It's been pretty nice, and we'd really like to keep up this level.

Welcome to WhoCraft, we'll chat soon. :)

T3dpwns likes this.
  3. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Welcome to Whocraft, and hopefully see you soon, after you've had the tour of course!;)