1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: WaterBottle22

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by WaterBottle, Aug 3, 2017.

1. WaterBottle

WaterBottle New Member

IGN: WaterBottle22
    Discord: WaterBottle#6496

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I think I started playing regularly about 2 years ago. I really enjoy how relaxed (save for the first night in the dirt hole) and unguided the gameplay is. After I started playing with friends I love logging on to see what's changed in the world and what other's have built.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    Mending books. I can't imagine doing huge projects and going through multiple tools. I think once you get mending the game feels more free and focused on creativity rather than survival.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    I would consider myself not exactly a farmer in the traditional sense but I really enjoy automating resources. Getting an iron villager auto farm is generally one of the first things I try to do.

Maybe I've just hit a creativity plateau but I tend to build in circles - as in 64x64 kinda sized circles for my base.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

Most recently is probably a guardian farm. Once again I used giant circles to enclose almost the entire guard spawn area. That took a bit of time.

Coolest experience I had with a group is probably doing a reset and try to get up-and-running as soon as possible. We had people breeding livestock, distributing tools, building iron farms, and exploring the nether within an hour. It was beautiful teamwork and coordination.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    For outdoor stuff I like to go running or hiking. Recently got into lifting but we'll see how that goes once running weather returns.

Game wise, the recent Steam sale did a number on me with single player games like Shadow of Mordor. I also play Guild Wars 2 extremely casually.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    I do not go to school and my work is sometimes pretty demanding in terms of time - this will occasionally cause me to disappear from MineCraft for a bit (but not Discord)

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    Yes

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    Longest I've been on a server is probably a year or so. At the peak I was putting in hours daily. Logging in everyday was exciting to see what's changed and what people were working on.

I suppose what I disliked was the pressure to be online constantly to try to keep the server active - eventually inactivity won.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?
    N/A

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    From what I can tell WhoCraft and I share a lot of similar values in what we consider to be a good community. Seems like friendly, fun folk which I, likewise, hope to be.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    A community is my "Third Place". It's where I go to have fun with other people and contribute to form something that's greater than the sum of the parts. It's a place where I can be inspired by other people and hopefully also inspire and galvanize in return.

I find myself working on community projects quite often - such as building roads or community speed beacons. My iron farms and villager trading areas have always been open to the public and I occasionally help out with rudimentary redstone. Overall, I tend to like being able to empower others to build stuff.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    WhoCraft was referral by people I play with. Their endorsement combined with the statement of server values really convinced me.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    I also use Discord daily so there should be no problem.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    I don't like bacon. This was bound to come up sooner or later so I best come clean.