1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

IGN: WetWetson

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by WetWetspm, Aug 16, 2017.

1. WetWetspm

WetWetspm New Member Server Member

IGN:WetWetson
    Discord:WetWetson

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

- I started playing probably 3 or 4 years ago, but not seriously until about a year or two ago. I really enjoy building. I probably got into it from watching a few youtubers. Specifically Bdouble0 and Etho.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

- Stone Fences. Unique block perfect for adding depth.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

- I'm typically a builder. I like to take on large projects, but can get bored easily. I've compromised with myself by usually building my own little cities of villages. It's a large project I can build and pieces and still feel like I accomplished something.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

-My favorite build was a mid-evil style village with a winding dirt path with textures added in. Every building had a purpose and it was something I hadn't done so well before. In turn I had help from the previous group with ideas and build support. IE. I paid Shirley to finish a basement tavern.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

-I work a lot, and travel a lot. So it's nice to unwind with some games on the weekends and weeknights. I play Destiny (soon to be Destiny 2) and PUBG a lot at the moment. I stream a bit, but usually just to myself for recording purposes. I would guess I watch more youtube than regular tv.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

-I work full time for in sales management. I don't have any kids that I'm aware of. (jokes are okay, right?)

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

Yes, 3.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

-I was on the first 2 for as long as they survived. The second being the longest. I'm guessin it was maybe 6 months to a year? Time kind of flies these days. I liked the ability to share work, group projects, and just laugh with strangers. I disliked petty drama.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

-It came highly recommended from a friend I played with before.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

-I never got through the first couple episodes. I've heard it's a decent show though.
    I can provide unique builds, and jokes that at least make myself laugh.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

-Aye, Cassidy.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

-I've joined the discord.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

I have a strong Beard game.

2. WetWetspm

sigh.. I just realized my forum username is spelled wrong.

3. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

LOL @WetWetspm -- I can fix your forum name.

Very nice to meet you, couldn't be more happy with the crew from SeattleCraft so you're in good company.

I tend to overwhelm myself with huge projects too, and I could some skill ups in the managing bite-size sub-projects department. But we certainly have plenty of space for sprawling villages on WhoCraft.

We'll get you an interview on Discord soon (tm).

4. WetWetspm

sounds good. I'm on staycation this week so I'd love to have a shot at grinding some stuff out.