1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

Isaac_Kielof Application

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Isaac_Kielof, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Isaac_Kielof

Isaac_Kielof New Member Server Member

IGN: Isaac_Kielof
    Discord: Isaac_Kielof

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

-So I think I've been playing about 7 years now, with some breaks where I was just hooked on other games.
    A good friend of mine showed me it and i was just so intrigued by a game with no real point or direction besides just survive, thrive and create. The reason I keep coming back is i always have something left on my to-do list and before I finish a project I've got 10 more in mind. and the element that really got me hooked was redstone. REDSTONE is the weirdest thing to me to see in a game and the crazy stuff you can do with it has kept me learning new things .

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

-Pickaxes: Like i said i love redstone, I love to build massive structures and farms, but my pickaxe is everything. out of everything i enjoy about this game just straight mining for endless hours is more fun than anything.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

-As someone who has spent most of their time in minecraft in solo survival I've had to do everything myself always. I did play with a few real life buddies for a while which I was the only person with any minecraft experience, but none the less still was super fun. PLaying mostly solo though i guess jack-of-all-trades, though redstone and anything large scale like castles towns and that would be more my specialty. On the unique aspect though i do like to build most things in the air I don't know how unique that is though.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

By myself, either completing my first 9 digit combination lock (which knowing better things now i still feel very accomplished about), or taking out a few mountains and building a large castle home with a town surrounding it.
    With a group, the only time i really played in a group was in creative and we made a bunch of areas with mob spawners and traps. set up in like a PvE type challenge for ourselves.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

-I play Call of Duty Warframe and other games, but mostly Minecraft and my mobile game summoners war. Other than that I play guitar. Between guitar and Minecraft don't really have very much free time.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

-I'm going back to school in the fall and am trying to get a part time job. I'm living with my parents and siblings for the time being but they are about as cool as you could hope a family to be. So in the fall with going back to school that will be my only real life responsibility.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

-Yes but only a few.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

-Max a few days, i only ever joined random servers that were kind of economy based or like PvP. i really just wanted to find a good survival server that i could really spend time on. which is the real reason I am applying here. I was reading through what this server is all about thinking Oh My God this is perfect!!

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

-Oops kind of answered this in (7) mostly that you are a pure survival server that works together but also has the solo feel to it. I think it would a seamless transition from playing solo. Well after looking at your subreddit a little bit everything I saw there was amazing, and even if i was just the guy who gathered the materials for it I'd fell so rewarded.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

-Community: a group of dumb people working together on dumb things to make each other happy. I can totally add to dumb ideas. and good ones too. I honestly don't know what i can contribute but I'm definitely interested in seeing what i can do to make this server grow.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

-I found you guys on a reddit server post while looking for a pure survival server. The thing that caught my eye was that your description on what the server was like, lonely sometimes, but still connected with all the members. the fact that you guys are spending years on one world. basically everything about it. Then I saw some of the things you guys have done and was like I need to see if i can join this.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

-I've used Discord before in the past. I honestly don't remember what game it was for. However in (Summoners War) I talk daily with my guild mates, and I absolutely love it. I always feel welcome to say what I think and be apart of the group. However in the past I was super antisocial, so I may come of a little shy at first. which is something I've been working on for a few years now. So hopefully i can be the social butterfly I want to be.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

-I'm very dumb, not actually dumb. But i like to make bad jokes and just be an overall idiot in conversation at times for my own enjoyment. Other than that nothing I can think of. Hope you guys let me join, if not I'll understand with no hard feelings. Anyways Thanks for your time. :)

2. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Nice application, very honest too :p So you like to make bad jokes eh? Unfortunately I know no-one on the server who likes to do that too :p Welcome to Whocraft!

3. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Great application Isaac and I've noticed you're very active so far on the server. You seem to be getting along well with some of the new and old folk, and I really hope to see you around for a long time to come. Welcome to WhoCraft! :)