1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

Kokojo's application

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Kokojo, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Kokojo

Kokojo New Member Server Member

IGN: Kokojo
    Discord: Kokojo#4938

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

I saw one of my friend post a video of a ''Double dungeon minecraft'' long ago and decided to watch it. I was instantly hooked because you digged blocks by blocks and could move them. The charm of being able to survive and to create was always appealing to me, and so I was hooked within a minute of the start of the videos. Plus, zombies! I decided to go play the free creative servers before buying... and then I bought.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

Iron. It's a beautifull block by itself, it's used everywhere and I never tire of mining it. With the trapdoor updates, it makes awesome-looking floors or ceilings. It makes metal bars and most of my items, so it's always liked. Aesticly, it is one of the most pleasing blocks along with the other ore blocks. Lapiz is a close second.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

I am a builder first and foremost. I don't like hoarding or making mob farms or anything like that. Often, my chests are empty and I focus on building first. I always end up doing megalomaniac projets, never small ones. I make big things, like a volcano, a ice-fortress, a tunnel-home, clean up parts of the ocean to make my Kokojo-monument. I also love making shops and making banners with my sigil on it for all to see.

I often build far far away from others, simply because I don't wanna see any other build from my build... I find it breaks the experience. To counter my solitude, I end up making train stations, tracks, over gigantic portions of the terrain! I never shy away from a train and nothing will stop me! Beep beep!

I like exploring builds of other players.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

I think my coolest thing I did by myself was my owl fortress. At the front it was a little owl face with a mouth entrance, but the interior was very dark, all squares were made so mobs could not spawn, it was hard to make but it looked very good. Sadly I have lost most of the screenshots, but here's some :
    https://imgur.com/7Bt7NDg
    https://imgur.com/cjJS6vd

The coolest group thing I've done was tumbleweed town, a build I did with my brother, Espege. It was a full far-west town with prisonners and a good layout, many shops and a once-a-week-newsletter, and sometimes arrow fights. It was very detailled and we had lots of fun making it. A video someone made :

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

Mostly play Diablo III/HOTS with friends, DDR with friends, cook, I don't go outside much but I do love restaurants when available. I watch mostly speedruns videos because they facinate me and stuff. Sometimes I do LARPing as a ''NPC'', about three times a year, but it depends if I work.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

I am responsible for two adorable cats and also a lot of childrens, since I work for a branch of CPS that's into childcare (6 to 18). Professionally I am held up by a lot of obligations and laws - at home I just have to pay the bills and don't burn the house down.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    Yes... RockBlock, my own unnamed server, tried a bunch of small one, and Solid Blocks.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

Pretty sure it was SolidBlocks, but I am not sure of exactly how long I stayed there, about 6 months. I logged in anywhere from once a week to ten times a day depending on the mood. I loved that most players were adults and there was no grief. Big spaces were up for the taking and I could build giant things!

I left for the same reason as many others : The owner slowly showed his maniacal side, making weird rules and applying them with a iron fist (pay diamonds unless you AFK so people can sleep), making open threats and pretending it was a joke, banning people he was not agreeing with, etc... A bunch of people quit one day and I followed suit.

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

Im following friends from SolidBlocks so it's nice to be ensured the people are mature here and that there is no grief. I think we're all respectfull of other people in the game and really, that's what makes a good play experience while we grind for hours.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

Community is a small group that supports itself via the efforts of it's members and shares on the emotionnal level.
    I can contribute myself, and my builds! I won't go overboard and try to make the group bigger or smaller, or even try to change the rules. I don't tend to try and change the basis of things. Il argue for what I think it right for the server as a whole. Il share my presence with the group and I will probably be amazed by the builds.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

Ayecassidy told me about this place and it's avantages and I had no doupt to their veracity after reading a bit of your discord last night.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

Yes, no issues there. Don't mind being connected, I am just not big on the voice-chat.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

Cake > Pie.
    Cats > Dogs

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Hi @Kokojo -- I loved the pictures and video, thank you for including them. Very enjoyable application, and we're glad to see some more friends of friends coming over. :)

FYI, we're doing a UHC event tomorrow on an extra IP (I sent you a message on Discord), and I will be looking for you to do a walk-and-talk this weekend. Keep an eye on Discord!