1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

MastersOfNone

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by Jack, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Jack

Jack New Member Server Member

IGN: MastersOfNone
    Discord:Jack #5640

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    -My adventure began 7 years ago in my English class; my best friend at the time had told me of this new computer game that his parents bought him. The more I heard about it, the stronger my desire became to try it out myself. So once the quarter ended my parents wanted to reward me for my excellent grades and did so by buying me this game. After my first day of playing in a single player world I was hooked, the combination of building and monster was unlike any other game I had played. The creativity that I can express in this game is what draws me to it.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    -My favorite block would have to be plain andesite, just dirty old from the earth andesite. It has so many uses in building landscapes such as detailing a boulder or a mountain.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    -Like my username I am a Jack-of-all-trades but master of none. I am fairly proficient in every aspect of the game and make my gameplay stand out when it needs to. My creative and abstract ideas are what helps maps that I build attract mass attention.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    -I haven't completed too many solo builds, however I have started frame work for a floating Island base which is what I hope to make on the server. I have much more experience building with a group of players; it is typically more fun and easier because of how well I get along with others. My favorite build as a group was a to scale model of New York City.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    - My other interests include hockey, lacrosse, hiking, playing Overwatch and almost always watching Netflix.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    -I would prefer to keep this private and give my personal information when I feel more comfortable.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    -Indeed, I have played with a community of players.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    -I have only played with one player base but three different servers. This spread across 6 years; every two years the admins would reset the server. When I was younger I logged in almost every day however that gradually decreased and my free time was filled. I loved the community aspect of the server and how friendly everyone was to each other. Considering I played with the same group of people for 6 years there was nothing I disliked about this server. The reason I am searching for a new player base is because it was shut down because of insufficient funds, the admins no longer wanted to pay to keep it running.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?
    -The main reason I would like to be a member of Whocraft is because it is exactly what I am looking for. I have been searching for around two months for a server with a well built and carefully decided player base. A great community helps me personally stay interested and active in a game.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    -I understand the word 'Community' as a group of fellows that understand each other and the way they work. The greatest pro to adding me to your server will be that you'll receive a multitude of great puns.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    -I came to know of this server through a YouTube video by the creator RaleMaximus.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    -I know how to use both Skype and Discord, in my opinion using these platforms are a wonderful way to keep players connected and informed on whats happening.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    -I think I've pretty much summed it up.

2. RaleMaximus

RaleMaximus New Member Server Member

Bonus points if you like and subscribe :)

3. bevr

bevr New Member Server Member

That's a very good thought, made me realize I agree too.

4. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Welcome @Jack, nice job on the application! :)

I'd be very curious to know what server with that kind of lifespan shut down, that is very sad and unfortunate. We are very lucky here to have an owner and several admins who agree that WhoCraft is our second home and family. Our costs of operation are split across a handful of people and I can't imagine shutting down because there are so many here who would jump to fill any voids.

It's mid-week and I need to give my admins a chance to read, so please be patient with us.

5. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Nice application Jack, and lol @RaleMaximus plugging his channel:D

6. Jack

Jack New Member Server Member