1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

MisterGreen!

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by MisterGreen1997, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MisterGreen1997

MisterGreen1997 New Member Server Member

IGN: MisterGreen1997

Discord: MisterGreen1997 #0917

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

I started playing Minecraft in 2011. Around then, the game was becoming popular at school. I remember one of my friends telling me about this awesome new game that I had to see. I went over to his house after school and he showed me some things he had built. I loved Legos as a kid, and seeing the ability to build infinity with any block captured me instantly. I love the simplicity and freedom that Minecraft offers. There is no right or wrong way to play the game; you create your own experience.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

It is so incredibly difficult to choose only one item as a favorite. If I had to choose, I would pick the Elytra. The Elytra provide the fastest and easiest transportation in the game, as well as providing a safeguard from falling from significant heights. That combined with fireworks, and I just can’t go without them. My very close second place item would be the mending enchantment. Never having to replace hard earned items is so nice it almost feels like cheating. I remember the days when enchantments didn’t exist. Command blocks are on my list too. I love how command blocks fit into Minecraft. It goes with Minecraft’s theme of play how you want.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

My Minecraft style is definitely adventuring. I love the boss fights and exploration parts of the game the most. My favorite place to explore is the End; more specifically, the End cities. The loot and danger of Enderman and falling into the void is always exhilarating. Woodland mansions are nice too, but they are so far away and usually don’t yield the greatest rewards for the effort. Whenever I start a new map, I always try to kill the Ender Dragon as soon as possible. I like going straight for the Elytra and getting good items from the End cities. Having the Elytra makes all the other tasks of the game go much faster. The most satisfying thing for me is to have a big trophy room full of things I have gathered while adventuring. As far as adding things to a map, one challenge I have often done is playing on an amplified world, but increasing the spawn rate of the ores. This lets me gather resources quickly and challenge myself to get to the End as fast as possible. And, at the same time, is balanced by the difficult terrain.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

The coolest thing I have ever built by myself was my castle. Seems kind of cliché to build a castle, but I wanted to do it. It was a personal project that I wanted to see if I could do without any help. I started to build a town around the castle itself, but never got around to finishing it. I would be happy to provide the map for anyone who wants to see for themselves. The coolest thing I have done with a group was probably when I used to play on the Xbox version. We built a city into a mountain range. That was the first large project I was ever a part of.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

I am definitely a gamer, and I like YouTube. I like adventuring games and survival games. One of my favorites right now outside of Minecraft is The Long Dark. When I am not playing games or doing something inside, I like being outdoors. I like to hike and I love to drive. It’s nice to be able to get away from life every once in a while.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

I am a full-time student living at home. I take classes online because the campus is pretty far from my house. I am working on my bachelor’s in computer information systems. I usually have free time since I don’t have to go to campus. However, I do live with my younger brother, my sister, and my 2 year old niece.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

I have played on two major servers before. I was a member of the Solid Blocks server, and played with some members on a different server afterwards.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

The longest I was on a server was about a year. I joined Solid Blocks at the beginning of 2016. I played very frequently. There were some days where I played more than anyone on the server. I eventually opened a few shops and became the richest player (in terms of diamonds). I liked the community aspect of the server. I liked how everyone was able to help each other complete tasks and just play together. I was even an admin on the server at one point. The server wasn’t without its problems though. The owner of the server became very controlling and wanted the admins to do some questionable things. Once that started happening, people stopped playing and the community started to die. I didn’t feel comfortable being an admin, so I decided to leave.

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

N/A, see 7a.

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

I want to join this server because I want to be a part of a supportive Minecraft community again. I really enjoyed playing and helping out other players with my knowledge and experience in the game. I was also referred to the server by someone I used to play with. I think this server could be an opportunity to refresh my love for the game.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

To me, community is a group of people that all share a similar interest and support each other. I think I will be able to contribute knowledge of the game to other players, as well as help people on their projects. I love to adventure and collect the most difficult items of the game so that other people can enjoy the benefits of those items. I don’t like seeing players discouraged or stuck because they don’t know how to obtain a certain item. I like to help people get what they need so they can show their potential.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

As mentioned previously, I was referred to this server by someone I used to play with. The most appealing part of this server is the community aspect and the mature players. Playing with adults is an unbeatable experience with Minecraft.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

I have been using Discord for a while now, and I love it. The chat channel is one of the best things that Discord has to offer, and I am really happy to see that this server is using it.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

I love the color green.