1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

Nagifero's app

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by nagifero, Sep 25, 2017.

1. nagifero

nagifero New Member Server Member

IGN: nagifero
    Discord: nagifero
    (1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the gameplay element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?
    I started to play on the browser version back in alpha, loved the idea to be able to play lego again. enjoyed the limited world and some multiplayer games as i could, until my thirst for exploration really kicked in so i got the full game. what brings me me back to this game is simply the feeling of freedom et the interactions it can bring.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?
    I need leaves, give them all to me, i'll put them all everywhere because it helps blend in, you can be creative with it and they stop spawns.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?
    I'm pretty much a jack of all trades, my playstyle really depends on my mood and/or the environment i'm playing in. if i had to choose i'd say i'm a builder/explorer at the core. usually the first thing i do when i start on a map is usually build up spawn. As for a unique thing i do, i build dungeons and other sneaky things for other player to find, this is some phase i'm going trough lately.

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.
    by myself, i built a 100x100 town and almost completed it (if it weren't for a reset). the town was separated in 4 section, each with their own architecture theme. In group, i used to build parkour maps with some guys for a server a few years back.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?
    I'm a professional photographer so i do a lot of that in my spare time as well, passionate climber be it indoor or outdoor, about other games i enjoy some Paladins, fortnite and a pletore of indie games (isaac, nucleat throne, flinthook...)

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?
    like i said above, i'm a professional photographer. i just came back from turkey after a year abroad, gonna live in Strasbourg, France, where i was born and raised until 18. i lived then in Paris for 8 years where i studied photography and worked in various fields.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?
    I did, maybe 3 or 4. I'm a friend of Arkhayl, we met on a server i was admin of 4 or 5 years ago, we then moved on together whether the servers were (sadly) closing or dying in search of the saint graal.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?
    The longest might have been the one where i was admin maybe 2 years, mind you they were resets. i logged in daily until it lost speed, the owner left me the burden of the server alone, without even trying to spark new interest and i felt it wasn't the type of responsibility i could take on at the time so i left myself.

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

It can really depend on the people i would meet, I'd be the mischevious loner/builder, building dungeons and things to explore for others. of course i could also help on community projects as i like to be able to go between projects.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?
    i feel like i already answered that above, but overall i'm a pretty cheery person, i like to laugh, it's simple as that. generally open and forward you can talk to me about anything and i'll be genuinely interested. (except if it's ark talking to me)

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?
    ark's and i server is loosing speed, already thinking of resets, and to be honest i'm sick of resets. I wish to be able to put time into projects alone or with others and not see it go to waste a month after it's done. i have not worked on big projects lately because of that fear. i'm really stoked about the idea of a server that doesn't resets and lets players be wild with their creativity.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?
    it's all good i'm used to it already!

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?
    I'm hungry but i should have that fixed by the time someone reads this.

2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

LOL! I forever have this problem, good luck with your short term fix. :D

Very nice to meet you @nagifero, great application. I'm always excited to meet new people who are excited about no world resets! We've been a server for about 5 years now, but we've been on our survival map since 1.8 -- I just checked, 1.8 launched on Sept. 2, 2014 so that means we've been on this map over 3 years now! And some builds are actually older because they were imported from 1.7 when we did our last reset. This means we have a lot of massive builds, lots to see, but it certainly doesn't mean there's nothing left to build! It's fascinating to see the dynamic as old farms become obsolete, new cities and farms become popular, and nostalgia at showing new members some of the hidden gems almost forgotten out in our world. To appease those who enjoy restarts (because there is some joy and rush in those first crazy days of having nothing) we do "Blind Jump" events instead, which has worked out really well for us over the years.

Come over and join us in Discord, I'll look for you later to do a walk-and-talk.

3. nagifero

nagifero New Member Server Member

My belly's full!

Thanks for the fast reply, i'm really stoked! i feel like i'm gonna be able to experience minecraft in a way i haven't before, amazing! it sounds like you got a fascinating thing going on and i can't wait :). Feel free to pm me on discord whenever you feel like it!