1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

PizzaKight0

Discussion in 'Apply to WhoCraft!' started by John Decker, Aug 13, 2017.

1. John Decker

John Decker New Member

IGN: PizzaKnight02

Discord: PizzaKinght02

Age: 15 (I know that's under 18. But hear me out. I'm very mature for my age, and would love to join a community like this one.)

(1) When did you start playing Minecraft and why? Tell us about the person that got you hooked or the game play element that inspired you. What brings you back each night?

When I was in the 5th Grade my Best Friend showed me this awesome game called MineCraft. It looked OK at first but i didn't know the really depth of the game until i got into it. I love the game play and the unlimited possibility. I love to design and build to my hearts content. Redstone is very interesting for me. I love computers and coding. I dream of being a engineer one day. MineCraft pulls me in because of the endless possibility making the game one of a kind for everyone.

(2) Tell us about your favorite block or item, the one you can't live without, and why?

I love Redstone and being able to automate almost everything in the game! Redstone is great making you think to accomplish your goals and strive forward. Its the hard work to make a task easier that makes me love it.

(3) Tell us about your Minecraft style -- What do you like to do in Minecraft? Are you a farmer, a builder, a redstoner, or maybe a jack-of-all-trades? What's your go-to when you first start on a map? Is there anything funny or unique you add to a map that you think most other people don't do?

Redstoner! Its is amazing! Being able to work hard to get to make harder task easier Just brings a simile to my face :).

(4) Tell us all about the coolest thing you've ever done or built in Minecraft by yourself. Then tell us about the coolest thing you ever did with a group.

By myself I have built an Iron Foundry. It was a long and repetitive Job but was well worth it. I don't really play much by myself, I like to surround myself with friends and family I've done some amazing things with them. We just finished a server that I spent 1832 hours on! We built a large midevil city with giant castle and a dragon its all resting upon.

(5) When you're not playing MC, what other things do you like to do (gaming, television/YouTube, other creative indoor or outdoor hobbies...)? Are there other video games you like to play?

Minecraft is my mane but I do like to play Diablo 3. I am a geeky geek and Play Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the gathering. I go to San Diego Comic Con every year for the past 6 years! I have a dog i like to take to the park and play Frizzbe with. I mostly got to school where I am a grade and a half above my grade level.

(6) Tell us a bit about your home life - no need to be too detailed and feel free to let us know if you'd rather keep this private. Do you work or go to school (or both)? Do you have a roommate, spouse, kids, parents (or others) that you live with? What kind of real life responsibilities or obligations do you have?

I live with my family consisting of a father mother brother and sister I have three pets a dog cat and Bearded Dragon. I am responsible for keeping my room nice and organized and the front yard well kept. I take care of the animals with great care giving them plenty of love and affection, taking them for walks, giving them boxed to run and jump through and a lot of training.

(7) Have you played on other MC servers before?

Yes, I've played on the Gamemode 4 server with my Brother It was quite the blast until my partner in crime stopped playing with me.

(7a) If yes, what was the longest you were ever on a server? How often did you log in? What did you like about it? What did you dislike? Why did you leave?

I once play for 24 hour straight building up my base and redstoning. I logged in at least once every 2 days to play. I loved the community on that server making a life long friend. I didn't like how the server was filled with fools that went around "having fun" by Trolling (Blowing up) others hard work. I did finally quit when my brother did ( we both quit because we got "TROLLED")

(7b) If no, what has kept you from trying out other servers before?

N/A

(8) Why would you like to be on our server? What do you think we have to offer that fits your playstyle?

I think this server has a great community that is very respectful and kind. I want to join a world that is vanilla and has a community that will help with crazy builds if they want.

(9) What does 'community' mean to you? What do you think you can contribute to our community?

A community are peers in a Family helping one another. sometimes you might get mad at them but in the end you know that you will always be there for you when you fall. the community giving meaning to the server.

(10) How did you find us and what did you see that made you want to apply?

I was searching for a server for the past week and i found one of your members streaming. I watched for a little ending up liking what i saw and wanted to be apart of this rich server.

(11) Have you ever used Discord before (or something similar, like Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak)? Do you have any issues with joining the WhoCraft Discord? What do you think of being in a chat channel that keeps us all connected daily?

I have used Skype before. I would love to be apart of the community chat for daily updates. I do have one issue and that is I don't really like to speak out loud but I would if i need to. I definitely like to text though.

(12) Is there anything else you want us to know about you?

I know i am young but i really want to be apart of this server I am very dedicated and hard working. I love working with others for a greater cause. Please consider me a possible candidate. Please excuse any typos its getting late and i have dyslexia.

2. John Decker

John Decker New Member

If I've been denied would I get a response?

3. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Hello @John Decker! Yes, if you were denied you would have gotten a response, we would not intentionally leave you hanging. And I apologize for the lack of response. Applications for those under 18 usually generate a great pause for consideration. We have to evaluate many different repercussions, such as backlash from our members and the devaluing our own rules by making too many exceptions.

I have read your application, I think you did a really good job and I like your enthusiasm, I enjoyed your description of your pets and their care and your past projects. But I need to discuss with my entire admin team. Fifteen is a rather big exception to make for a server that is primarily populated by 25-35 year olds.

We also do a voice chat/interview with every new member, what I call a walk-and-talk because it usually involves getting people in game and touring. We respect that some are shy and prefer not to speak, but we also find that members who are comfortable communicating through various means, and chatting on all levels from redstone and game technics to professional and home life, are typically going to fit in the best and stick around the longest.

We definitely appreciate your interest in WhoCraft. Please be patient, we will let you know. :)

4. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out your application @John Decker. The entire admin team has had a chance to review, and while we think you did a great job, and you're probably a really good kid, we would like to politely and respectfully decline at this time. I do not want you to feel like it was a waste for you to try, because in life there is no harm in asking.

I think if you were a few years older, if you were almost done with college versus high school, we might be having a different conversation. Alas.:(

We do wish you the best of luck in your search for a server.

5. Reno1987

Reno1987 Dutch Ambassador Server Member

Best of luck in finding a server that can offer you the same things that attracted you to our community. For what it's worth, I think you had a real mature application. Keep on trucking!;)