1. The WhoCraft forums are looking awfully empty... Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood survival server is still around -- but our forums did suffer a massive database loss. Know that you've been here before but you can't log in? Check out our Q&A.
  2. Stay awhile and stroll around the community. Hop in our DIscord channel if you want some instant chat with members. Looking to apply to join our server? Be sure to read the thread "How to Apply" and get ready to open your chests and your soul, and make some new life-long gaming friends.

WhoCraft's Epic Quest - [The Search for the Arch-Enders]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SunnyDaze, Jul 15, 2017.

1. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

[The Search for the Arch-Enders]

The Endermen did not build the End Cities. The shulkers are parasites who latched on to the walls when they became abandoned and they viciously protect their claim and the treasures that were left behind. The Old Man talks of a race before the dark slendermen who built the towering castles and flew among the stars, and he hints that they crafted their delicate wings of Skydust and Holy Water -- but the secret of their recipe is long forgotten, lost to the dust and the emptiness of the Void.

But the Old Man knows...

From far and wide beyond the borders of WhoCraft merchants have started to appear, beckoned by rumors of vast wealth and artifacts of unimaginable value and power. They are searching all the cities, they are searching each realm, and they have set up shoppes at the major ports for their exotic wares, while they wait for information and pieces of the puzzle to be brought to them by opportunistic adventurers.

2017-05-07_16.54.14.png 2017-05-07_16.43.00.png 2017-06-18_19.33.47.png 2017-06-25_18.01.13.png 2017-07-15_11.28.34.png

What are the wings that the Old Man talks about? Not the fragile crystallized remnants found leftover in the ghost ships of the End cities, some minuscule magickal flight left in their fibers, but offering no more protection than air and shattering under the pressures of any long voyage.

Only the Old Man knows...

But now they are searching for him -- the traders, thieves, and adventurers alike. They want to know what he knows about the real treasure. They want to know about the true power of the Arch-Enders. They will pay any price to take this hidden power for themselves.

Who will find the Old Man first?

MikeJWho likes this.
  2. SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze Administrator Staff Member Server Member

I am so excited to make this huge announcement. This old-school RPG-style quest is something that I have been working on for a few months, it's become very near-and-dear to me, and I can't wait to see the reactions as this quest leads our members to visit each of our cities and investigate WhoCraft's heritage.

The quest is 99% implemented, all the drops and custom villagers are in -- except for the last one. He's coming very soon. :)

Do not place any quest drops that you find on the ground, they will lose their NAME and LORE nbt tags, and then they will no longer work for the quest. You will have to re-obtain them.

Quest drops tend to have hints in their LORE.
    Quest drops can come from mobs.

I would LOVE to see screenshots and shared progress, during or after -- I understand if some of you want to keep them to yourself until the quest is completed for the first time. Most importantly, have fun searching WhoCraft! :)

MikeJWho likes this.